How to Care For Your Leather Duffle Bag?
Leather is among the toughest materials used in bags. You may buy a leather duffle for its durability and low maintenance. But, even leather from time to time needs some TLC. While this doesn't mean pampering the leather, some proper care will give your bag a longer life.
How to Clean a Leather Duffle Bag?
Leather despite its durability and texture is a dust magnet. Leather bags in particular tend to absorb dust and moisture and cause a buildup of grime. Regular cleaning can help avoid this and maintain your duffle bag.
For duffle bags that see regular use routine cleaning is required. You can use a soft cloth to clean the leather surface. For tougher dirt built-up you can use some water or a mild detergent solution.
When using water on leather you need to be quick. Avoid letting the water settle on the surface. Use a circular motion for best results. You also need to focus on drying off the corners as well to avoid any clogging.
How to Fold a Leather Duffle Bag?
The best way to care for your duffle bag when not in use is by storing it in a safe dry place. Folding your duffle allows minimal usage of space and only a small part of the duffle is exposed.
Rolling from the top is the best method to fold a leather duffle. You can fold your duffle bag from the top and reduce it to the desired size. Once your duffle is the right size you can use the top drawstrings to tie it off.
How to Restore a Leather Duffle Bag?
Worn leather is quite desirable and is most sought after by vintage aficionados. Yet, there are times when you might feel your leather bag is too worn out or faded in an uneven manner. There are many ways to bring back that luster and finish.
- The first step to restoring your leather duffle is by cleaning the surface of any dust and moisture. You can use leather cleaner or a mild detergent to remove any tough dirt.
- Once your duffle bag is free of all dust and moisture it is time to apply some polish. Ensure that you have the right color polish to suit your bag. Apply as much polish as needed and as many layers as needed.
- Once the polish settles, use a soft cloth or brush to buff the bag. Be gentle with this process and take as much time as needed to bring out that shine.
How to Wash a Leather Duffle Bag?
Washing a leather bag is an easy but delicate process. Conventional cleaning methods are enough to clean a leather duffle but you need to be quick. Don't let the cleaning material stay on the surface for long.
- A simple warm water and soap solution are enough to clean your leather duffle. Professionals such as horse jockeys use saddle soap to get the best results.
- Pay attention to places with grime build-up such as loopholes for draw strings.
- Wipe away excess soap and water clean before it settles and dries. Once all the moisture is removed air out the duffle in the sun for a few hours.
- For stains and tougher dirt, you can use a leather stain remover. Chalk powder is also a great DIY agent to treat organic stains. With chalk, you can dust out the stain once it has bonded for a few hours.
How to Wax a Leather Duffle Bag?
Leather looks best when it is polished with wax. Wax brings out the intricate details of the leather grain and patina. There is a wide range of leather wax solutions that you can use.
Most leather waxes are compatible with all colors. Both solid and liquid waxes can be used on leather. The latter is the preferred choice. Liquid wax can get into all parts of the leather including the pores.
Before waxing your leather duffle ensure that it is clean and dry. Check if any polish or conditioner you've applied has dried. Apply as little of the wax as possible and use a circular motion to buff. You can apply as many layers as needed and repeat the process to achieve the desired finish.
Once you are done remove the excess wax from the surface.
Also Read: 7 Affordable Leather Duffle Bags
Where to Buy Men's Leather Duffle Bag?
You can find the leather duffle of choice at The Handmade Store. We have an extensive range of full-grain leather duffle bags. From color and shape to character, you can pick from the unique wares in our collection.
The duffle bags at the Handmade Store are made from cruelty-free leather. Our artisans take special care in crafting the best-finished leather products.
Leave a comment